of all the things i need to do, updating this blog is the most fun…January 13, 2008
… but maybe not the best use of my time.
to do today:
- finish berloody CAIS proposal so that i can tell folks about chat reference in SL (don’t get me wrong, i really wanna go and think my research is interesting – but CFPs kill me)
- wade through the pile of amazing submissions to Library Student Journal and tell some very patient authors that they are about to be published
- begin reading Strategic and Competitive Analysis: Methods and techniques for analyzing business competition by Fleisher & Bensoussan. (I’m told it’s an oldie but a goodie.)
- finish Everything is Miscellaneous because it was recalled by the library and due last Friday – which means I already owe 4$.
- wrap my head around Blair’s “futility point” [David C. Blair, “Searching Biases in Large Interactive Document Retrieval Systems,” Journal of the American Society for Information Science 31 (July 1980)] and what this means in terms of current information retrieval
- listen to some Feist and P Funk (ya, that’s how I roll)
here i go.